Serving Veterans of the Inland Northwest Since 2009

Veterans Community Response (VCR) is a nonprofit organization composed of veterans from all branches, local firefighters, and certified therapists that work diligently to support combat veterans in their readjustment process. Our programs help combat veterans develop the skills to navigate their postwar challenges and lead productive and satisfying lives after serving our great country. It is our firm belief that with compassion, understanding, and action we can create a safe and structured environment to promote the healing process for those we serve. Currently, VCR is comprised of two chapters; 1) Spokane / Northeastern Washington / Northern Idaho and 2) Montana. A mid-term goal is to establish an Idaho Chapter based out of Sandpoint. All chapters are organized and operate under an umbrella Mission Statement, Bylaws and Board of Directors. The Spokane chapter serves as the overall administrative body with each chapter able to have independent officers for local administrative functions and operations.

VCR has adopted the warrior’s creed “We Bring Everyone Home” and believe it to be our collective responsibility. We are proud to rely solely on the resources and volunteerism of our community to carry out our mission. Our unique collaborative healing approach provides veterans with proven and effective methods to adjust to post-combat life and finally come “home.”

Your contribution can be used as a tax-deduction donation to Veterans Community Response, a 501(c)(3) with a IRS tax ID# 20-2975404 & UBI : 604856742. Approximately 80% of contributions are directly funding operational programs, with the remaining 20% funding support services (insurance, storage space and etc). VCR relies solely on volunteer members, with no paid overhead or real estate.


Services Provided for Support of Veterans

Therapeutic 3 – 4 day retreats are offered to combat vets with an emphasis on providing opportunities for healing, relationship development and activities to build confidence. Each retreat is staffed with volunteer clinicians who have substantial experience in working with combat vets. All expenses are covered by contributions and / or fund raising events. Currently, seven retreats are scheduled per year; 1) Washington Modern Era Warrior (MEW), 2) Montana MEW, 3) Washington Vietnam, 4) Montana Vietnam, 5) Family retreat, 6) Therapeutic Clinician, 7) Women’s Veteran retreat.

Day Events
Scheduled activities provide an opportunity for combat vets to socialize and participate in outdoor activities. Ski days are held at Silver Mountain, Mt Spokane, and 49 Degrees North. Two annual whitewater rafting dates are offered. VCR is a designated donation recipient of the Dan Kleckner Golf Tournament and veterans are invited to participate in the tournament. Occasionally, mountaineering opportunities are provided. Yoga events are held at the Spokane Veterans Center in Spokane Valley, as well as Jujitsu participation in Sandpoint, ID.

Community Service and Disaster Relief
Through our Community Responder program VCR is active in providing community service volunteer support for local veterans in need of assistance with moving, yard work, snow removal, repairs to home and etc.

Leave a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.